A pioneering effort to make our essential cranial osteopathy work in Cheltenham for all families for their babies and children up to 9yrs old with older children welcome of all ages too. This provides much needed community support for all families.
Treatment and assessment is by myself Ben Court registered Osteopath and cranial specialist.
“I want to prevent and treat the issues that I see so often in babies & children who have not had some cranial help and support after birth and beyond”.
Cranial Osteopaths strongly believe it’s Normal for babies & children to:
- Cry only for communication when they need to feed/sleep/change etc
- Be settled
- Be comfortable on their backs
- Be contented and to sleep well
- Be able to feed and latch without issues and with no reflux or vomiting
- Be in 100% alignment avoiding bodily strains/pains and preventing flat head syndrome (plagiocephally) and other physical issues in later life (as the twig is bent so grows the tree)!
- Be free from congested eyes and constant colds
- Be happy and relaxed
- Be free from tummy pains or headaches
- Be free from stressful and emotional upset including behaviour issues
- Be free from growing pains
- Be well aligned with good posture
“I simply believe that Cranial Osteopathy offers you the best opportunity to ensure your
babies and children are fulfilling their 100% health/life potential, as the OCC say – every child is a success story waiting to happen and this is best achieved by them being free from the strains of birth and life knocks that happen inevitably along the way whether they be physical, emotional or chemical in nature”. Ben Court – registered osteopath.
I want to book my child in how is this done?
We have many Health Visitors, GP’s and other healthcare professionals including birthing partners, midwives, lactation consultants etc who refer babies and children to us, but a formal referral is not necessary.
Initial assessment & treatment of up to 60mins is just £62 with follow up treatment sessions of c.20mins each at £42.
We have spaces available for up to 6 families per week, treated on a first come first serve basis.
Clinic address: 199 Bath Road, Cheltenham, GL53 7LZ The practice is shared with The Cheltenham Clinic of Acupuncture and Chiropractic.
Making a booking:
- The Clinic is open in Cheltenham Tuesday afternoons (2-6pm) and all appointments are given on a first come first served basis. Sadly we are not able to offer a walk in service so all appointments must be made before hand.
- You must complete your online questionnaire before hand by clicking here?
- To make an appointment please email me directly email@example.com confirming that you have completed the form above. Please note we have a strict no show fee of £50 for any appointments cancelled with less than 24hrs notice, this is to allow for the waiting list to be contacted so others can use your place.
- You will need to complete a progress report (tbc) over the treatment sessions and then a completion questionnaire detailing the results cranial osteopathy has given your child. This is to gather the necessary and quality research needed to better train and understand osteopathy in the cranial field for the future (a process first started by W.G.Sutherland D.O in 1929
- Lastly, you’re respectively asked to write a review on The Family Osteopath Facebook page
Thats it, I really look forward to seeing and helping you all soon.
Ben Court – Registered Osteopath and founder of The Family Osteopath