It's a fact of life that you're not alone in feeling pain, a reported 85% of the population suffer from spinal pain at some point in their lives.
Let me ask you a question?
Is your pain making your work and a whole host of other lifestyle activities you'd like to do difficult?
Is this making you miserable or worried, a feeling of vulnerability like you're old before your time?
Today, more than ever we live very stressful lives, running from pillar to post. This stress is a massive contributor to you being in pain, but pain and lack of mobility in themselves are stressors too, particularly if you can't do the things in life you need or want to do.
Good News ... An Effective Non Invasive Solution To Your Aches And Pains
The Family Osteopath provides successful, gentle non invasive treatment to best resolve & manage your aches, pains and ill health issues for every life stage, whether acute or long term, traumatic in onset or having just popped out of the blue.
While everyone's problem is different, almost all our patients (over 90%) report a resolution of their problem.
We are specialist's healthcare professionals, passionate about promoting and maintaining your great health so enabling you to live the life you want to, free from the restrictions of pain and discomfort.
Our approach is based on understanding and correcting the root causes resulting in the symptoms you suffer from.
You are assessed, treated and cared for as the individual you are.
Most of our patients enjoy a long term health relationship with us, safe in the knowledge that we know you and how your body reacts and best recovers from whatever your life throws your way.
One fact that makes my work so enjoyable, is seeing patients change so quickly. Worrying fearful pain, nagging at you, questioning if you'll ever be right again, making you tired, grumpy, unable to play with the kids, all takes its toll. To see this toll lifting and return to a bright, optimistic & energetic outlook is a privilege to see.
Why Should You Trust Me With
Getting You Pain Free Today?
It take 5 arduous years of study to gain an Osteopathic medical degree and a place on the Government's statutory register of osteopaths. This has taught me lots of things, but principally that I am here to help patients get better, its what I do best!
There's no substitute for experience, 15 years spent treating over 16,000 patients, has refined my diagnosis, treatment and patient handling skills to a superior level.
When I was given the privilege of a clinic tutor position to the osteopathic medical degree undergraduates at Oxford Brookes university, many of my students would ask how they too could run a "successful" practice when they qualified. My answer was always the same, care -
"Care for your patients well being first and foremost, its the only factor truly within our control and an experience that a patient never forgets; really knowing that they are in safe hands with the best care of them at the heart of every second of treatment and consultation - its through this care that healing happens best"
Here's Just Some Of The Benefits And Excellent Advantages Of Being Treated By Ben Court At The Family Osteopath
- 1 Hour First Consultation - this provides you and I loads of time to truly examine & understand what help you need, we'll discuss and hopefully put to bed any worries and fears about your condition and start treating you there and then to ensure that we arrive at the best solution to get you and keep you pain free and back to health as fast and effectively as possible.
- Choice of 30,45,60 Minute Follow Up Consultations - no one likes to be rushed, your health is the most important thing, so where appropriate, longer sessions are available. These are also great for my patients who travel from far and wide to have treatments, but also for cases where the faster pace of life is a contributing factor, relax, slow down, breathe, its all going to be alright.
- All Major Health Insurance Policies Accepted - Osteopathy is a regulated health care profession and as such is recognised by every major health insurance company who will pay for all or some of your treatment with us.
- Cash, Cheque, Credit/Debit Cards Accepted, no mad scramble for the cash machine before your appointment!
- Open Monday - Friday With Late Appointments Tuesday And Thursday Evenings - helping to get you better whilst fitting around your other life commitments.
- You Won't Have To Wait Long - on average, 75% of patients are treated on the day they call, and all within 72hrs, as we understand that every extra minute you're in pain can seem like a lifetime, make your appointment and press the pain stop button at the same time?
- Free And Accessible Parking Right Outside The Practice - I hate paying for parking don't you? Well here you don't have to and in most cases there's plenty of parking right outside or if not there's a whole street to choose from.
- Over 15 years Of Practitioner Patient Handling Experience - you're in good hands, we're specialist in what we do and know how to get you pain free all within a friendly, caring and professional atmosphere.
- Advice Freely Available On Work And Home Life Posture, Exercises And Rehabilitation - we know you're happy when you're pain free and can stay pain free, so any help we can offer you will be given so you're not left high and dry in a few weeks.
- No Need To Undress - light flexible clothing can easily be worked around allowing you to enjoy your treatment in comfort whilst relaxed (light comfortable clothes are better though than skinny jeans and wooly jumpers!).
- New Patients Welcome - we offer a preferential service to all our existing patients to ensure they get the help they need fast or if needs be we're happy to maintain their good health at mutually agreed intervals. So if you're looking for a healthy relationship with yourself, then best start by making contact with us, we won't let you down and you will feel better.
- No Clicking, Crunching Or Painful Treatments - we are not going to hurt you, I promise, our treatments are inhibitory and designed to reduce your pain in working with you not against.
- We Have A Great Professional Relationship With Local GP's And Consultants And Can Easily Obtain MRI Scans Or X Ray's so if in the unlikely event that your condition is either not progressing as we would expect, or we have concerns from the outset, a referral to the most suited healthcare professional or resource is easily on hand.
- Pain Free People Are Happier People - enjoy reinvigorated relationships with your family, friends and work colleagues.
- Never Go There Again - you don't have to with a healthcare professional relationship like ours, we'll keep you on the straight and narrow.
- Get Answers - enjoy a true understanding of what is causing your pain and how it can be resolved, knowledge is a great stress relief and chances are you problem is simple to resolve.
- Reduce Your Prescription Medications - many of my patients have stopped relying on their daily dose of pain medications and realise how much better and organically healthier they feel; more energy, a bounce in their stride, mood lifted, back to their good old self. Look forward to starting the day with a yey as opposed to an ow!
Here's What Our Patients Are Saying ...
Ben, I can't thank you enough for taking my headaches away, Boots next door will be out of business if you carry on, I hated taking painkillers for so long ...
Mrs Withall, Quenington
Before Ben's cranial treatment, my 18 month old daughter was grizzly, unhappy and struggled to sleep. Within a few sessions of treatment the change in her was immense. My daughter is now a great sleeper and a happy child.
Within three treatments her hearing was much improved and she no longer felt isolated from the world as she could hear again!
Tabitha Symmonds, Hatherop
Merry Xmas, just a quick thank you for all of the treatment over the pass 10 years. It is comforting to know that you are a call away. My issues have ranged from a niggle to severe, you have always fitted me in and eased my pains. Your advice regarding a torn meniscus was invaluable recommending I see a surgeon rather than more treatments (money saved thank you). I wish you and your family all the best in 2014.
Craig Rowe, Fairford
Are You Ready To Start Getting Better And Feel Like Your Old Self Again?
Great! I'm excited to help and promise you that every bit of care and attention will be given to help you achieve your health goals. In becoming a patient at The Family Osteopath, you are guaranteed, safe and painless treatment.
We'll get to know you well; how you can be fixed and how you might prevent injury to yourself as well as providing advice on nutrition and exercise where needed.
You are a priority patient - this means you are free to contact us for advice and information free of charge and as often as you like. Once better, you'll be invited to join our Keeping well program to keep you there, and if you have a problem in the future, an appointment will be made for you ahead of the list so you won't have too wait too long.
Here's a breakdown of our fees:
New Patient 1 hour Consultation & Treatment: £62.00
Follow Up Consultation & Treatments:
1/2 hr - £45.00
45 mins - £55.00
1 hr - £65.00
So What Will Happen At
My First Appointment?
Your first appointment will take up to an hour to complete and in nearly all cases we aim to spend a considerable amount of this time in treatment to start getting you better on the day.
You'll be asked questions to understand your present condition, how it came to be with you and how its affecting your life. Further interest will be taken about your overall medical picture, both past and present so that I can gain a true understanding of who you are and how you've come to be in pain today.
After our chat, I'll ask you to stand up with your back to me and I'll look to see the overall position of your spine and body parts, and then ask you to perform some small movements to understand how best you move and in what direction/s any discomfort or immobility is experienced by you. Remember in nearly all cases examination and treatments are performed with you fully clothed, so need for any embarrassment.
By this stage, I'll have a good idea what the problem you are experiencing is all about, and you'll be free to ask as many questions as you wish so that its firm in your mind too, in fact is worth mentioning that at any stage you can ask me questions, its your body, your appointment and its you that needs to be fixed.
Then you'll be asked to lie down, face up in most cases, on my treatment couch in the most comfortable position for you. It might then be required that I conduct further tests such as strength in your legs or how your spine/hip etc move when I take the weight and move you gently.
Treatment options and likely outcome will then be chatted through with you and then treatment can begin (where appropriate that is).
At the end of the treatment sessions, a comparison as to how you were before treatment and how you are at the end will give us both a firm indication of whether you can be fixed and how long this might take all things being equal.
You'll end the treatment session with more answers than you started and for most of my patients feeling considerably easier of both body and mind, safe in the knowledge that someone else has your back covered.
A follow up appointment time/date will then be decided upon and booked there and then. For acute cases of discomfort, this should be within three to five days, for more chronic cases then anytime in the next week is best.
My Personal Guarantee To You
I've always said that anyone who guarantees 100% that 100% of their patients can get 100% better 100% of the time, is either a mad man or misguided!
Its true to say, in medicine as a whole, that people respond differently from one case to the next, for reasons that all of my medical colleagues and I agree but are unsure why - it's a frustration all round!
However, the guarantee of 100% first class intentions & attention through our professionalism and commitment to improving your health picture right from the off, 100% of the time, for 100% of my patients is a guarantee that I am more than happy to give you.
Further, a 100% guarantee that you will never be booked an appointment that is not entirely needed on clinical grounds, you can be certain of. An appointment is always for your benefit, in no circumstances for ours.
"3 is the magic number" as the song goes, it really is, as in clinical terms, three treatment sessions is enough in almost all cases to determine, whether osteopathy is the correct route to getting you better. This doesn't mean that three sessions will be enough to get you 100% better, but there should in any case be clear signs that we are on the right track. If after these three sessions, no improvement is noted, then we will discuss either a referral to another health professional or indeed request more information such as MRI scans, blood tests etc.
We enjoy 100% of our patients being 100% happy with the way they have been treated at The Family Osteopath.
Don't Put Off Until Tomorrow,
What YOU Can Do Today!
It's a crying shame that I see in practice regularly, patients who have waited and waited for their health picture to improve, and then finally they can't put up for it any longer and seek the treatment they needed at the outset of their injury.
What this delay means for them, is not only unnecessary pain and suffering, but a more lengthy job to put them right when they seek the help they so desperately need.
So please, if you're in pain today, today is the day to make a decision and get it right, I promise you'll feel better for it.
Note, most days, we try to leave a space free for emergency appointment, but inevitably these go pretty soon, so if you've made the right decision to come in, then please let us know first thing.
Start Your Journey To Being Pain Free And Make Your Appointment Today By Calling 01285 712300
Booking online, it so easy just click here or call us now on 01285 712300 to make your appointment now.
Text & email messages are easy too - text "please can I have an appointment" to 07894 707745 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I Nearly Forgot To Mention ...
Remember you're not alone in feeling pain and in experiencing difficulty carrying out your work and a whole host of other lifestyle activities you'd like to. It's understandable that your pain is making you miserable or worried, and feeling vulnerable like you're old before your time?
Stress is a massive contributor to you being in pain, but pain and lack of mobility in themselves are stressors too, particularly if you can't do the things in life you need or want to do.
Please don't let inaction add to your stress levels and in turn increase your pain.